Thursday, March 24, 2011

Update

So last I posted, my guitar had been damaged.  I didn't really get into specifics about how, or what, or when... so here we go.
I brought my guitar to work so I could work on some riffs and scales since I never make time to do that.  So my partner, who also plays guitar decided he like how my guitar sounded and aske if he could play it. So I let him, and he belted out some Garth Brooks tune.  So when he finished, he got up and was holding my guitar by the neck and decided to take a bow, just kinda playing around.  Well, he didn't compensate for the position of the guitar at his side and he slammed the bottom of the guitar into the floor, carpeted, yeah, but the floor nonetheless.  I didn't see it or know it at first, but I knew I had heard something and I jokingly told him that if he damages my guitar, I was gonna break some bones in his body... little did I know that the damage was already done.  He was sheepishly guarding the guitar and I finally figured out something happened.  When I looked at it I knew I had 2 choices, beat the ever living shit out of him, which I strongly considered, or figure out a plan to fix this.  Hauled ass to Melhart's, as they were fixing to close and long story short, Dave was nice enough to hang on to it and look at it. 

Fast forward 3 days later and my guitar is back home where she belongs.  Looking perfect and sounding as good if not better.  They even repaired a crack I had put in it that I was not planning on having repaired.

So, all turned out well in the end.  Lesson learned. Nobody touches that guitar again.  Whew, at least it wasn't ruined.

On a side note, I tried some crossfit today but it turns out I was doing it wrong.  Tomorrow I will try again and see if I get it right :)  I'm still sore, but I wanna do it right.

Ok, I'm off.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

Hun, you really need to update your blog. Quit being a lazy arse! ;)