Thursday, August 7, 2008

So There I Was...

... Crashed out and getting my (much needed) beauty sleep. I wake up and take a gander at my cellular communication contraption. Turns out I have 7 missed calls and about 8-10 text messages. The ones I noticed were from mom. Started looking at them and although I was aware that my grandfather was having a mole/growth removed from his head, it seemed like there were too many texts on my phone for things to be normal. So after reading them all I realize that its a bit more serious. Turns out that the simple procedure to remove a mole/growth turned into a long session of removing a tumor the size of an orange and all the way down to the skull from his head. I've only gotten preliminary reports but from what I'm hearing, its cancer and it has gotten into the skin, the blood and his lymph nodes. I'm leaving tomorrow around noon for an 8-10 hr drive to go and see him and gramma and find out how everyone is doing and exactly how long they are going to give him. I had told myself about a day like this many times, always wondering how I would take the news that there was something really bad happening, or that he was gone, period. Right now, I'm in a holding pattern on feelings and emotions until I find out exactly what is going on. I'll be back on soon enough to report as to what is happening. Mom is going with me tomorrow so that should make the trip a little more bearable as its a long one.

No comments: